Out of the Darkness #GivingTuesday Resources
#GivingTuesday is on December 1, 2020. Encourage your community to #Give2AFSP in support of our mission to save lives and bring hope to those affected by suicide. Click on the links below to find easy to use resources to help your #Give2AFSP fundraising campaign for #GivingTuesday 2020. If you need any help, please email email@example.com.
Social Share Graphics
Download our #Give2AFSP impact graphics to share why you support AFSP on social media and email in the days leading up to #GivingTuesday.
Personal Fundraising Page
Include these messages at the top of your page, above your personal story.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, please consider giving back to my Out of the Darkness fundraising campaign this #GivingTuesday. Net funds raised benefit the American Foundation For Suicide Prevention (AFSP) and their research, advocacy, education, and support programs.
Take part in AFSP's #Give2AFSP campaign on December 1st - support my Out of the Darkness fundraising journey with a donation.
You can also use your DonorDrive fundraising page to track your progress throughout #GivingTuesday. Using your page as a "home base" will give you a reason to continue to link to it on social networks and will give potential donors a reason to revisit your page.
Below are some additional graphics you can share on your fundraising page, social media, or via text or email once #GivingTuesday arrives. Remember to include a link to your personal fundraising page every time you share these images:
Sample Social Media Posts
- Join me on #GivingTuesday this December 1st in the fight to stop suicide #Give2AFSP [insert link to personal donation page]
- XX days until #GivingTuesday! Support my Out of the Darkness Walk on this year’s national day of giving [insert link to personal donation page]
- Find out what kind of impact you can create this #GivingTuesday when you #Give2AFSP http://bit.ly/AFSPImpact
- Give to raise awareness. Give to support my Out of the Darkness journey [insert link to personal donation page] #GivingTuesday
- In a season filled with days to get great deals, why not have a day to give back a great deal? #Give2AFSP #GivingTuesday
- Celebrate the spirit of giving this #GivingTuesday and support my Out of the Darkness fundraiser to benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Every dollar counts! Donate here: [insert link to personal donation page]
- This year, I joined more than 75,000 people working Together to Fight Suicide through an Out of the Darkness Experience. Join me as I #Give2AFSP on December 1st for #GivingTuesday: [Insert link to personal donation page]
- Help me bring the issue of suicide prevention and mental health out of the darkness. Today is #GivingTuesday and I’m seeking at least 5 donations. Please donate at: [insert link to personal donation page]
Start a Facebook Fundraiser
You can also start a #GivingTuesday fundraiser on Facebook that links back to your walk page! Please note: if you'd like funds to appear on your walk page, your Facebook fundraiser must be started through your personal fundraiser portal in DonorDrive for donations to appear on your page. Simply visit your dashboard in the fundraiser portal, then click "Start a Facebook Fundraiser" from the Your Fundraising menu on the right side of the page.
Thank You Posts
Don’t forget to give thanks to those who gave! For use on your social media pages and fundraising page:
- Big shout out to [insert names/name] for donating and supporting #GivingTuesday and my Out of the Darkness fundraiser. There’s still time, friends…donate today: [insert link to personal donation page]
- Thank you for taking part in my Out of the Darkness fundraiser on #GivingTuesday! This is your time to make an impact not just for me and my fundraising goals, but for this important cause. Together, we’ll bring awareness and funds to save lives and bring hope to those affected by suicide. #Give2AFSP
- You can also use your personal fundraising page to keep a list of your #GivingTuesday donors - any opportunity to give thanks it work the effort!
Make a general donation to AFSP's #Give2AFSP Giving Tuesday Campaign HERE.