Walk Date: 09/09/2018
Walk Location: Spring Canyon Park - Northern Colorado Veterans Plaza (2626 West Horsetooth Rd.), Fort Collins, CO
Check-in/Registration Time: 09/09/2018 at 9:00 am
Walk Begins: 10:00 am
Walk Ends: 12:00 pm
For more information, please contact:
Contact Name: Jo Anna DeMarrais
Contact Phone: 303-807-6440
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online registration closes at noon (local time) the Friday before the walk. However, anyone who would like to participate can register in person at the walk from the time check-in begins until the walk starts. Registration is free and open to the public. Walk donations are accepted until December 31st.
When you walk in the Out of the Darkness Walks, you join the effort with hundreds of thousands of people to raise awareness and funds that allow the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) to invest in new research, create educational programs, advocate for public policy, and support survivors of suicide loss.
Thanks to Walkers and Donors like you, AFSP has been able to set a goal to reduce the annual suicide rate 20% by 2025.
Click the Register Now button at the top of the page to get started right away.
Please click here to download a map of the walk route.
We invite you to visit the HOPE, HEALING and MEMORY AREAS.
• Create a "Message of HOPE" for you, someone you know, or to provide strength to someone who might be struggling.
• Help us create a "Community of Caring" by sharing that anyone can experience suicidal thoughts but there is HELP, and there is HOPE.
• Honor your loved one at the Memory Tree. Please bring a copy of a picture of your loved one (4”x 6” or smaller) and honor them by placing it on the Memory Tree. Pictures will not be returned and may be displayed at the future walks, awareness and educational events.
• Select and wear colored honor beads by choosing color coded Beads to signify your relationship to the cause.
• Visit the AFSP Booth, review the latest AFSP reference materials and learn how to get involved with the AFSP Colorado Chapter.
• Don’t forget to snap a individual and team photos with AFSP props to post to your social media accounts.
• Water and snacks are provided during the walk at the Registration Area. There is a water station along the walk route and drinking fountains are also available.
• Food trucks will be set up near the Registration Area and will be serving multiple food options.
Walk to Save Live and Bring Hope to Those Affected by Suicide!
Walk to Honor a Loved One!
Walk to Fight Suicide!
Come WALK with us!
Please help promote the event through your social media outlets! #OutoftheDarkness
There are many more social media outlets, please use any and all to help promote the event. Tell your story about why you walk!
Raise $150 by 09/09/2018 and receive an official Out of the Darkness Walk T-shirt!
Remember, in addition to fundraising online, you will be able to turn in additional cash or check donations at the registration table the day of the Walk.