Join us on September 13, 2020Donate
Welcome to the Arcata Out of the Darkness Experience
While the Out of the Darkness Walks in Arcata are going to look different this year, our mission to Save Lives and Bring Hope to Those Affected by Suicide has not changed. We are a strong and resilient community, united in our effort to fight suicide, raise awareness, educate our communities, support those who have lost loved ones, and support those with lived experience. We use our voices and share our stories to provide hope.
Wath Out of the Darkness Arcata
View the Entire Out of the Darkness Arcata Here:
Individual Segments can be found below!
For more information, please contact:
Contact Name: Heather Freitas
Contact Phone: 707-362-7167
Contact Email: ArcataOutoftheDarkness@gmail.com
Out of the Darkness Experience donations are accepted until December 31st.
We realize that nothing can substitute the experience of coming together in person, and we will continue to seek ways in which we can do that safely. We welcome your ideas for gathering online and in-person this fall. Please contact the Committee Lead at ArcataOutoftheDarkness@gmail.com for more information. In the meantime, we look forward to connecting in new ways, and we invite you to join us on this journey.
More great reasons to register:
- Project 2025 - a bold initiative to reduce the annual suicide rate 20% by 2025 is funded by walkers and donors like you.
- All participants can create and join teams. This is a great way to motivate family, friends, and co-workers to join you!
- Registered participants will be emailed an exclusive Arcata Out of the Darkness Experience Sign to print! Personalize it with your name and reason for walking - #WhyIWalk.
- After the e-vent - we will send all participants a certificate of achievement to print and show off to your community!
There are many more social media outlets, please use any and all to help promote the event. Tell your story about why you walk!
Raise $150 by 09/13/2020 and receive an official Out of the Darkness Walk T-shirt!
Note - we will find a safe way to distribute Out of the Darkness Experience T-shirt's to our community. Please be patient as we find the best way to do this!
- The Top 10 Teams with the highest fundraising total the day of the event will receive a special spotlight during our event on September 13th!
OUT OF THE DARKNESS SPEAKERS
Chelsea Miraflor Trillo-
Andy Breunig and Heather Freitas - American Foundation for Suicide Prevention - Area Director and Board Member
Thank you so much for joining us at an Out of the Darkness Experience with the Greater Bay Area. Please follow the link below to submit photos of yourself, your loved ones, or whomever you are joining us to celebrate in remembrance or of your loved ones.
Submit Photos Here (Any photos submitted after September 13th will be added to the Hope Video after Out of the Darkness Season).
Out of the Darkness Arcata - Honor Bead Ceremony
You Are Not Alone
VOLUNTEER WITH US
Want to help plan the Arcata Experience Out of the Darkness Experience? Email us at ArcataOutoftheDarkness@gmail.com to get involved!
Thank you for your support! We look forward to seeing you at the Arcata Experience