Clinton County and Lycoming County Experience
Join us on October 4, 2020
Register Now Donate
Welcome to the Out of the Darkness Clinton County and Lycoming County Experience
While the Clinton County Out of the Darkness Walk is going to look different this year, our mission to Save Lives and Bring Hope to Those Affected by Suicide has not changed. We are a strong and resilient community, united in our effort to fight suicide, raise awareness, educate our communities, support those who have lost loved ones, and support those with lived experience. We use our voices and share our stories to provide hope.
We invite you to join us this Fall for an Out of the Darkness Experience. We’re working hard to plan meaningful opportunities to connect and inspire you, and we will share more details about our exciting plans in the coming weeks.
We want to keep you up-to-date with the most current information so be sure to sign up and join us here!
We are always #TogetherToFightSuicide
Ceremony Start Time: 12:00 pm
For more information, please contact:
Contact Name: Carolyn Shade
Contact Phone: 570-660-2209
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is free and open to the public. Donations are accepted until December 31st.
Having trouble registering? Click here to view a step-by-step guide. Refer to page 1 if you’re registering yourself, page 5 if you’re registering someone else through your own account, or page 8 if you’re signing up in person on the day of the event. Be sure to also check out some of the Frequently Asked Questions on page 10.
If you’ve already registered and would like to either create a new team or join an existing one, log into your AFSP account and click on the “change team membership” option on the right hand side of your dashboard tab (on mobile you’ll need to click “dashboard” first).
Our community has always been the heart of the Out of the Darkness Walks. Your safety and well-being will always be our top priority, and we are closely monitoring CDC and local guidelines as we map out our options for bringing you an experience of hope and healing this fall.
Though there are many unknowns, there are a few things we know for sure:
- You belong to a strong community united in an effort to fight suicide while showing up for yourself, recognizing and honoring those you love, raising awareness, educating communities, supporting one another, and sharing hope.
- We remain dedicated to providing you with opportunities to connect, heal, share stories, create impact, and show you that you are not alone.
- Mental Health and suicide prevention are more important than ever, and we’re confident that with your help we can reach more people than ever before.
We realize that nothing can substitute the experience of coming together in person, and we will continue to seek ways in which we can do that safely, if possible. We welcome your ideas for gathering online and/or in-person this fall. Please contact your local chapter for more information. In the meantime, we look forward to connecting in new ways, and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Wait...Are We Still Walking to Fight Suicide?
YES! The Clinton County & Lycoming County Out of the Darkness Experience is a real walk, but on your terms: you get to choose your own course, what time you start, and who walks next to you (within safe distancing guidelines)! The walking is real - it's the community that is virtual this year.
Experience Schedule of Events
The Out of the Darkness Experience will include opportunities to engage with other participants on a smaller scale online through different activations and healing activities. It is a new experience for us all, but we are working hard to plan meaningful opportunities to connect and inspire you leading up to October 4th and beyond!
We will keep updating these events as we add them!
- August 29th - Donation Drop-off at Avenue 209
- Stop by any time between 9:00 am - 1:00 pm to drop off donations or pick up a registration envelope since there will be no in-person registration this year
- 209 Bellefonte Ave, Lock Haven, PA 17745
- Please wear a mask and observe social distancing
- Lights of Hope: World Suicide Prevention Day Candle Lighting - September 10th at 8:00 PM
- On September 10th, World Suicide Prevention Day, we light a candle near a window at 8 PM to show support for suicide prevention, remember a lost loved one, and honor survivors
- Tune in on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/93831715999837
- September 27th - T-shirt & Bead Pickup at Riverview Park
- Stop by Riverview Park any time between 11:00 am - 2:00 pm to pickup your event T-shirt (if you have raised $150) and honor beads
- You can also drop off donations
- Please wear a mask and observe social distancing
- Out of the Darkness Experience Online Ceremony - October 4th at 12:00 PM
- 12:00 pm EST
- We will be broadcasting a live Opening Ceremony for our Out of the Darkness Experience on our Chapter Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AFSPEasternPennsylvania
- We will celebrate each other, remember those we've lost, and share our stories to provide hope.
- AFSP Door Decorating
- Download the door decoration kit free at https://bit.ly/AFSPEPA_DoorDecorations
- Post a photo on your social account and tag @afspeasternpa and use #afspeasternpa in your post!
- Email email@example.com with a photo of your creations. We will feature these photos on our Chapter pages and enter you to win AFSP swag prizes!
- Hope in the Mailbox
- Out of the Darkness Wellness Challenge - August 3rd to September 13th
- Take action for suicide prevention by tracking your daily activities using the Kilter Rewards app
- Visit afsp.org/wellnesschallenge for more details and to sign up!
Become a Sponsor
Download the Clinton County Walk Sponsorship Packet. With sponsorship opportunities starting at only$250, this is a perfect opportunity for large and small businesses to play a role in making suicide prevention a priority in the community. All sponsors will receive marketing and publicity benefits!
Upload agreement and logo online
Help Spread the Word!
Please help promote the event through your social media outlets! #OutoftheDarkness
Follow us on Facebook! Post to your Facebook page and add the direct link to your fundraising page.
Follow us on Twitter! If you are on Twitter, Tweet about the event. Don’t forget to add #outofthedarkness to your tweets!
Follow us on Instagram! Share and tag your photos with #outofthedarkness! Spread the word and ask for support by sharing the videos and social shares in the participant hub.
There are many more social media outlets, please use any and all to help promote the event. Tell your story!
Raise $150 by 10/04/2020 and receive an official Out of the Darkness T-shirt!
Activities of Hope and Healing
Losing someone to suicide or struggling with a mental illness can feel like no one understands what you are going through. Unlike other illnesses, it is difficult to look at someone and know their connection. There is an honor bead for everyone, whether you have lost a loved one, struggle personally, support a friend and/or family member, or all of the above. Learn more by watching our honor bead video.
The Out of the Darkness Experience is a journey of remembrance, hope, and support. It unites our communities and provides an opportunity to acknowledge the ways in which suicide and mental illness have affected our lives and the lives of those we love and care about.
If you're looking for resources, please visit www.afsp.org/resources.
Thank you for your support!