Swim for Hope
Join us on February 1, 2021Donate
Welcome to the Montana Chapter
Swim for Hope
The New Year is upon us and many of us are thinking about our fitness goals for 2021! We are, however, still in a pandemic that has cancelled or postponed many of our in-person swim meets, triathlons, and open water swims. For me, swimming is not just about physical fitness, but the mental health fitness it provides as well. There is nothing more therapeutic than the steady rhythm of your breath as you glide through the water, the high you feel after a solid workout and the joy found gathering with other master swimmers who love this sport as much as you. As Area Director of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP), Montana and Wyoming Chapters, it seems only natural to bring these two passions together.
The Mission of the AFSP is to Save Lives and Bring Hope to Those Affected by Suicide. AFSP Montana Chapter was founded in 2001 and has been working to educate Montana about suicide prevention, advocate for legislation that will save lives, and support those who’ve experienced loss or who have lived experience.
We believe that suicide can be prevented and that with enough people doing the work, spreading the message, and stomping out stigma, we can make a difference.
When deciding to put this event together, a few goals came to mind.
- Have a fun activity to do along with my teammates.
- Provide goals to work towards (I always work harder for the proverbial carrot)
- Bring awareness to an amazing organization and raise money to support the mission of AFSP along the way.
How to Participate:
- Register at the link above
- $20 to enter
- Check-in with your local coach for a printed Bingo Card or a printable card will be sent out via email on January 31st.
- Complete Bingo Challenges between February 1st – 28th
- Complete Challenge Completion Form or upload completed Bingo Card HERE
What's in for me?
- All registered participants will receive our limited-edition Swim for HOPE swim caps as well as a 20% off coupon to FINIS. (10% of profits from these sales will go toward the AFSP).
- Complete activities on the card to earn a BINGO! For every bingo row completed, (horizontal, vertical, or diagonal) participants will be entered into a raffle drawing for a chance to win some great swim swag! (7 rows max)
- Participants who turn in a BLACKOUT Card or raise $100 will receive a Swim for Hope t-shirt.
- Timed Swims: There are various timed swims on the bingo card. Submit your swim time for each event with your bingo card. Top swimmers, by age group and event, will receive an additional raffle entry.
When will I find out if I have won?
- Winners of timed events and the raffle prizes will be announced by March 5th.
For more information, please contact:
Contact Name: Katie Levine
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Spread the Word!
We encourage you to tell your story about why you support #AFSPMontana and the #Swim4HopeMT
Remember your LinkedIn connections!
There are many more social media outlets, please use any and all to help promote the event. Tell your story about why you swim for hope!
Raise $100 by February 28th and receive an official Swim 4 Hope T-shirt!
T-shirts will be mailed to qualified participants in March.
Volunteer With Us
Want to help plan the Montana Out of the Darkness Experience? Email us at email@example.com to get involved!
When you support an AFSP event, you join the effort with hundreds of thousands of people to raise awareness and funds that allow the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) to invest in new research, create educational programs, advocate for public policy, and support survivors of suicide loss.
Thanks to Participants and Donors like you, AFSP has been able to set a bold goal to reduce the annual suicide rate 20% by 2025.