Walk Date: 09/22/2018
Walk Location: Bennett's Creek Park - Suffolk, VA
Check-in/Registration Time: 8:00 am
Walk Begins: 10:00 am
Walk Ends: 1:00 pm
For more information, please contact:
Contact Name: Robert and Yvonne Avila (757-822-9961)
Contact Phone: 757-822-9860
Contact Email: email@example.com
Online registration closes at noon (local time) the Friday before the walk. However, anyone who would like to participate can register in person at the walk from the time check-in begins until the walk starts. Registration is free and open to the public. Walk donations are accepted until December 31st.
When you walk in the Out of the Darkness Walks, you join the effort with hundreds of thousands of people to raise awareness and funds that allow the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) to invest in new research, create educational programs, advocate for public policy, and support survivors of suicide loss.
Thanks to Walkers and Donors like you, AFSP has been able to set a goal to reduce the annual suicide rate 20% by 2025.
Click the Register Now button at the top of the page to get started right away.
The walk route is 5 laps around the park. Total of 1.5 miles. Bring your walking shoes.
1. Photo Wall - Bring a photo of your loved one to display and write a message. (photos can be picked up after the walk)(photos left behind will be placed in a scrap book being created and brought out to every future walk)
2. Hope Rocks - Paint your rock or write an inspirational message. (Rocks left behind will be placed throughout Hampton Roads.)
3. Inspirational Coloring - Children and adults can color beautiful pages. They will be displayed around the park.
4. Team Photo - Designated area for your team to gather around our tree of life.
5. Paws for Prevention - Friendly pets are welcomed. We will have bandanna's for sale.
6. Merchandise - AFSP apparel will be available for purchase.
Friendly, leashed dogs are welcome at the event. AND - with a $10 donation, you can pick up an AFSP Pooch bandana at the Paws for Prevention Tent.
Please help promote the event through your social media outlets! #OutoftheDarkness
There are many more social media outlets, please use any and all to help promote the event. Tell your story about why you walk!
Raise $150 by 09/22/2018 and receive an official Out of the Darkness Walk T-shirt!
Remember, in addition to fundraising online, you will be able to turn in additional cash or check donations at the registration table the day of the Walk.