Join us on October 3, 2020Register Now Donate
Welcome to the Out of the Darkness Lynchburg Experience
Date: 10/03/2020 - 10/10/2020
Location: Details Below
For more information, please contact:
Contact Name: Joan Rosin & Deanne Adams (407-448-8301, Lt.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact Phone: 434-426-3751
Contact Email: email@example.com
Registration is free and open to the public. Donations are accepted until December 31st.
Why do you walk? Share your reason on our Virginia "Why I Walk" Wall!
LIVE STREAM OPENING CEREMONY
There will be no in-person activities at Riverfront Park.
10:00 AM, SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3RD
Visit www.lynchburgootd.com to view the ceremony.
Schedule of Activities
Ongoing - Hope in the Mailbox
*Please note that the dates and activities listed below are subject to change as we finalize our event plans.*
Saturday, October 3rd:
- Out of the Darkness Experience Online Opening Ceremony - 10:00 AM - View at www.lynchburgootd.com
Sunday, October 4th - World Smile Day:
- Random Acts of Kindness Campaign
- Self-Care Sunday
- “42 Self Care tips for highly sensitive people”
- “Inclusive Self-Care for all levels of functioning”
- Check out Facebook page Lynchburg VA Out of the Darkness Experience for details
Monday, October 5th - National Do Something Nice Day:
- Random Acts of Kindness Campaign
Tuesday, October 6th:
- Tell Us Tuesday - Facebook
- Why I Walk features
- Interactive question posts
- Re-post pre-recorded personal testimonials
Wednesday, October 7th - National Inner Beauty Day:
- National Inner Beauty Day – Online (zoom class) with Amy Hall “The Heart of Beauty art expression”
Thursday, October 8th:
- Memorial/Remembrance Activity
- Posting pictures of loved ones on Facebook
- Memory Wall @ Riverfront Park
- Re-posting uploaded photos on Lynchburgootd.com
Friday, October 9th:
- Call a friend day! Meet for lunch, dinner or just Have a Real Convo#
Saturday, October 10th - World Mental Health Day:
- Out of the Darkness Online Closing Ceremony - View on www.lynchburgootd.com
Help Spread the Word!
Please help promote the event through your social media outlets! #OutoftheDarkness #TogetherToFightSuicide
Follow us on Facebook! Post to your Facebook page and add the direct link to your fundraising page. We also invite you to join our Lynchburg Participant Facebook Group to receive our newest information and updates.
There are many more social media outlets, please use any and all to help promote the event. Tell your story!
Raise $150 by 10/03/2020 and receive an official Out of the Darkness T-shirt!
EXCLUSIVE FOR 2020: Teams who raised $1,000 prior to our print deadline of August 21st will have their team name appear on the back of our official event T-shirt! Congratulations to teams Al's Angels, Genworth Shines, and Pretty Tough.
Activities of Hope and Healing
Losing someone to suicide or struggling with a mental illness can feel like no one understands what you are going through. Unlike other illnesses, it is difficult to look at someone and know their connection. There is an honor bead for everyone, whether you have lost a loved one, struggle personally, support a friend and/or family member, or all of the above. Learn more by watching our honor bead video.
The Out of the Darkness Experience is a journey of remembrance, hope, and support. It unites our communities and provides an opportunity to acknowledge the ways in which suicide and mental illness have affected our lives and the lives of those we love and care about.
If you're looking for resources, please visit www.afsp.org/resources.