Join us on October 17, 2020Register Now Donate
Together to Fight Suicide:
Out of the Darkness Chicagoland Experience
Date: 10/17/2020 and 10/18/2020
Location: Online & Virtual Walk
Event Begins: Saturday, October 17th at 9:00 am
Event Ends: Sunday, October 18th at 12:00 pm
For more information, please contact:
Contact Name: Courtney Collins
Contact Phone: 312-802-9714
Contact Email: email@example.com
What does this year's event look like?
We are finalizing the details and will be sharing more information soon but here’s a look at what’s being planned:
- While we can’t gather to walk together this year, we encourage you and your team members to get together and walk during the event weekend on your terms: you get to choose your own course, what time you start, and who walks next to you (be sure to follow local COVID-19 guidelines)!
- An online event platform is being created and will include elements such as the Why I Walk Wall, Memorial Wall, and more! A link for this site will be shared the week of October 12th.
- We will be streaming an Opening Ceremony, community discussions, and a Closing Ceremony on Saturday and Sunday. The community discussions will be based around the Honor Beads with fellow participants sharing their stories as well as others sharing their expertise around the different connections to the cause. Links will be sent the week of October 12th.
Upcoming Events & Deadlines
- Raise $150-$299 to have a photo included in the slideshow
- Raise $300+ to have a photo and message included in the slideshow
- Raise $150 to guarantee you receive your event shirt in the mail before the event weekend
- Raise $150 and your t-shirt will be mailed to you (for anyone that did not receive it before the event)
- Raise $500-$999 - you will be a Red Ribbon Walker and receive a $25 e-certificate for the AFSP Store
- Raise $1,000+ - you will be a Blue Ribbon Walker and receive a $50 e-certificate for the AFSP Store
Chicagoland Experience FAQs
When and where is the event taking place?
Is there a registration fee?
How do I make an offline donation?
Is there a fundraising minimum?
How do I set up my personal fundraising page?
How You Can Help
Become a Sponsor
Are you looking for a way to show your community and employees that you're committed to their mental health and well-being? Sponsor the Chicagoland Experience! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Share on Social Media
Share your story, post photos, invite others to join you or donate to your fundraising efforts. Social media is a powerful tool!
You can connect with others by joining the Facebook event page!
Please be sure to use the following: @AFSPIL @AFSPChicago #ootdccw
$150+ - Walk t-shirt. Raise $150 by September 19 and receive the official Out of the Darkness Walk t-shirt!
$500-$999 - Red Ribbon Participant. Receive a $25 certificate to the AFSP Store.
$1,000+ - Blue Ribbon Participant. Receive a $50 certificate to the AFSP Store.
Day of Experience: Resources & Activities
There will be a variety of elements on the event website on 10/17 and 10/18. More information will be shared via email!
We are unable to provide physical beads this year but the Community Discussions on 10/17 and 10/18 will be focused around the Honor Beads.
Why I Walk Wall