Central MA/Worcester Walk
Join us on September 18, 2021Register Now Donate
Welcome to the 2021 Central MA Out of the Darkness Community Walk
WAIT … Are we actually walking to fight suicide this year?
YES! You will have two options to walk this year, on the day of the Central MA Community Walk (in-person, as permitted by state and local guidelines on event day) or on the day of our statewide virtual “Celebration of Hope” (on your own, within safe distancing guidelines). Read on for more details!
Register Now! Let’s show the world that we are always #TogetherToFightSuicide.
- Register: Click here
- Central MA Community Walk: Saturday, September 18th
- Location: Venue TBA (in-person, as permitted)
**Date and venue subject to change. Your safety and well-being will always be our top priority, and while we remain hopeful that we'll be able to gather in person once again this fall, we are closely monitoring CDC, state AND local guidelines and will continue to share updates in the coming weeks and months.
- Statewide Virtual “Celebration of Hope”: Saturday, November 6th
- Location: Online
While AFSP's Out of the Darkness events are going to look different this year, our mission to Save Lives and Bring Hope to Those Affected by Suicide has not changed. We are a strong and resilient state, united in our effort to fight suicide, raise awareness, educate our communities, support those who have lost loved ones, and support those with lived experience.
We realize that nothing can substitute the experience of coming together in person, and we will continue to seek ways in which we can do that safely. This Fall we will host in-person (as allowed) Community Walks across the state and then come together for one virtual “Celebration of Hope”. We remain dedicated to providing our participants with opportunities to connect, heal, share stories, create impact, and show those who struggle that they are not alone.
For more information, please contact:
Registration is free and open to the public. Donations are accepted until December 31st.
- All participants can create and join teams. This is a great way to motivate family, friends, and co-workers to join you!
- Registered participants will receive a HOPE SIGN to print and carry with them! Personalize it with your name and your reason for walking. #WhyIWalk
- You can connect with our new virtual community by joining our brand new Facebook group! You'll meet other participants from across our state.
Having trouble registering? Click here to view a step-by-step guide. Refer to page 1 if you’re registering yourself or page 5 if you’re registering someone else through your own account. Be sure to also check out some of the Frequently Asked Questions on page 10.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD!
After you register, we encourage you to tell your story about why you support #AFSPMA.
Post to your Facebook page and add the Central MA Out of the Darkness Community Walk link, or the direct link to your fundraising page!
If you are on Twitter, Tweet about the event. Don’t forget to add #TogetherToFightSuicide to your tweets!
Remember your LinkedIn connections!
Share your photos! #TogetherToFightSuicide #AFSPMA
BECOME A SPONSOR
MASKS & T-SHIRTS
- Raise $50 and receive an AFSP face mask!
**All funds must be posted online by May 31st to qualify. Masks will mailed to participants. Due to printing/shipping delays, packages may be delayed.
- Raise $150 and receive an Out of the Darkness t-shirt! **This year we will have a design exclusive to Massachusetts!**
**All funds must be posted online by November 7th to qualify. T-shirts will mailed to participants. Due to printing/shipping delays, packages may be delayed.
- Click here to see more AFSP swag you could earn!
- Teams that raise $1000 or more online by World Suicide Prevention Day (September 10th) will have a TEAM YARD SIGN printed and mailed to their team captain!
VOLUNTEER WITH US
Want to get involved? Click here to complete a volunteer application!
DOWNLOAD and share your color(s) on social media.
Would you like your loved one to be included in the 2021 Central MA Honor Bead video?
Submit your remembrance photo(s) here. (Due to the time it takes to edit and create this special video, we cannot accept photos after September 4th.)